This course equips students with the basic knowledge of supply chain management. It provides students with an overview of supply chain designs, strategies and stages, including manufacturer, supplier, distributor and retailer. Students in the end of this course are expected to demonstrate good understanding of supply chain technologies and operations: product processing, warehousing, transportation and distribution to the final destination.
1. Understand the main concepts of supply chain management.
2. Understand in which supply chains companies may fit.
3. Discuss the ways of aligning the supply chain with organizational objectives to achieve strategic fit.
4. Understand distribution designs and network applications for online sales.
5. Discuss how management coordination helps creating more responsive supply chains.
6. Describe key metrics used to measure supply chain sustainability.
- Teacher: زياد علي الخزعلي